Friday 7 March 2008

day7

not that i need to defend my indoor cycling lifestyle (grant), but it was cold, windy, wet, cold and windy when i stepped off the train tonight, so yup, more rollers.

going to brave the outside world tomorrow for a spin and sunday will see a ride at TRAQAIR (not "Inners" FFS!) forest after commissairing the xc time trial. however, with Helga on her way Monday and Tuesday look like more wallstaring.

with winter on it's way out with a kick, here's a wee winter poem by Rhoda Butler, a Shetlander (hence the dialect).

Da day is juist a blink, short efturnun
Fadds away ta da lang dark night that shun
But whin da fire lowes up and da blind is draan,
Winter can be fine when night is faan.

Idda moarneen wi da cauld and da sleet,
An A'm buskin trow da gutter an da weet,
I think aboot da lovely simmer days,
Whin da sun shone waarm ower da parks and braes.

Bit dan whin simmer comes, aa green an bright,
An da sun sets ower da voe dat late at night:
An I see da places, whaar for a start love lingered,
Me hert is brakin, and I lang for winter.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

not that i need to defend my indoor cycling lifestyle (grant)

[looks innocently at ceiling and whistles to self]

Have fun at Traquair. I'll be off somewhere local getting chips thrown at me or something, esp if I ride to/from my folks.

Anonymous said...

helen says its aafil fine o you tae laev a poem written in her midder tongue