Tuesday 18 March 2008

day18

a follow-my-nose exploraride tonight. east out of town before picking up the path to drinkbetween (no really!). just a farm track, so doubled back and followed the green sign down to kinghorn - more farm track all the way down through the golf course to town.

had a wee nosey at the harbour and the beach, back up and over the hill again for a wheech down the loch road back into B to the I.

took at run at the localsteps of death, but pulled up at the steep bit as i got bounced about by the deeper ones up top. bah!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've not been down near Drinkbetween. I *think* it's because there's maybe "NO ENTRY - PRIVATE ROAD" type signs at the north side. A few of the roads there (Standing Stone Road) have them at one end, but not the other.

Balwearie Mill (just west of Inverteil) has signs at the south warning you away, yet you can access it from the north, passing through Kirkcaldy golf course, and find no signs.

Might be worth an explore on Sunday's ride to my folks.

Anonymous said...

Drinkbetween that is, not Balwearie Mill. I ignore the sign there now.

Cris B said...

Steps of Death are strange things indeed. When I had my first mountain bike, resplendent in all its High Tensile Steel tubing and steel wheels, I regularly threw it down flights of steps with fork bending and wheel buckling enthusiasm. Why is it that these days in a world of disc brakes, suspension, proper head angles, wheels that last more than 5 minutes and helmets that I have less bottle to ride them than I used to?