Wednesday 7 May 2008

grrrz

back to gears for the first time in a little over 6 months. given my paltry mileage last year, the road bike only needed a wee bit of attention to get it ship shape again. i remember when i used to replace a worn drivetrain every spring...

train in to work, then the hilly way home - up the chapelberg, down oneswitchback hill, over to the col de montquey and a scream back down to B to the I. not a great deal more miles, but a fair bit more climbing.

tomorrow - ride in and out or train in and fifeclimbyrandom home.



white bar tape rocks.

5 comments:

simondbarnes said...

Sounds good to me Marty :)

White bar tape can look nice when new, it would look awful after a very short amount of time on one of my bikes though!

martysavalas said...

it's the fizik wipe clean* stuff, so we'll see how long it lasts...

* hopefully.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking about pink tape on my new toy (and a pink bottlecage).

I might need mental help.

martysavalas said...

pink? in cowdenbeath? it's still the 1970s over there... :)

rode home in the rain and the grit tonight. white tape looks less like paolo bettini's on the day of the worlds and more like one of those women round the office that you know look hot a few years back, but whose beauty has faded...

Anonymous said...

pink? in cowdenbeath? it's still the 1970s over there... :)

Tell me about it. The pink bottlecage on the roadbike already gets me verbal abuse most trips out.